Caraga Administrative Region is located in the northeastern section of Mindanao. It comprises of five provinces and six cities with the City of Butuan as the regional administrative center.
Best Time to Visit
For the best combination of agreeable temperatures of around 27° C (80° F) and as little rain as possible, the best time to visit this region is between February and March. The first months of dry season can still be rainy, while the last months are usually pretty hot and humid.
Area: 21,478.35 km² (8,292 mi²)
Regional Center: Butuan
REGION 13 – Caraga Region
|PROVINCE||LAND AREA KM2||POPULATION|
|Agusan del Norte||3,546.86||691,566|
|Agusan del Sur||9,989.52||700,653|
|Surigao del Norte||1,972.93||485,088|
|Surigao del Sur||4,932.70||592,250|
Cities: (6) Bayugan; Bislig; Butuan; Cabadbaran; Surigao City; Tandag
- Crops (Palay, corn, banana, coconut, abaca, soybeans, coffee)
- Aqua Culture
- Forest Products
- Handicrafts and Furnitures
- Minerals (Gold, silver, copper, nickel, chromite)
The best way to get to Caraga depends on where you’re traveling from and your budget.
The fastest and most convenient method of travel a far distance in the Philippines is most often by plane, however in some cases, traveling by sea or land may be a better option and more cost-effective.
Use the following online service to determine the various transportation options available to you based on your point of departure.
The following are the modes of transportation available in this region.
Use the chart below to get an idea of how much to budget daily. Actual amounts will depend on YOUR travel style. Keep in mind these are daily averages … some days you’ll spend more, some days you’ll spend less. Prices are in USD.
SEE & DO
- Balangay Shrine Museum
- Branza Church
- Britania Islands
- Calo Horse Farm
- Enchanted River
- Mabua Pebble Beach
- Tinuy-an Falls
EAT & DRINK
- Biko(Surigao del Sur)
- Dried pijanga (Surigao del Norte)
- Fish tinola (Surigao del Sur)
- Freshwater fish (Agusan del Sur)
- Fruit wines (Agusan del Sur)
- Gigaquit Rhum (Surigao del Norte)
- Grilled seafood (Dinagat Islands)
- Kilawin (Agusan del Norte)
- Kinilaw (Surigao del Norte)
- Laksoy (Agusan del Norte)
- Lechon manok (Dinagat Islands)
- Nilupak(Surigao del Sur)
- Palagsing (Agusan del Norte)
- Pao (Agusan del Norte)
- Poot poot ginamos (Surigao del Norte)
- Puto(Surigao del Sur)
- Root crops (Dinagat Islands)
- Sayongsong (Surigao del Norte & Surigao del Sur)
- Tumpi (Agusan del Norte)
WHERE TO STAY
Where to Stay in Caraga Region
Use the following online resources to determine the best place for YOU to stay when visiting the Caraga region.
Book Online & Save Money
Book your room with these trusted online booking sites. Booking online in the Philippines almost always guarantees the best price and a room when you arrive. We use these sites frequently to get the best prices and enjoy convenient bookings. Click each of the buttons below to find the best place for you at the lowest rates.
EVENTS & FESTIVALS
- Bilang-Bilang Abayan Festival
- Bonok-Bonok Maradjaw Karadjaw Festival
- Bugkosan sa Isla
- Kaliguan Festival
- Lanuza International Surfing Festival
- Naliyagan Festival
- Pahinungod Festival
- Sakay-Sakay Abayan Festival
- Sirong Festival
- Sirong-sirong Festival
- Sto. Niño de Bad-asay Fiesta
- Tilaw Food Festival
- Tinabangay Festival
READ MORE: 17 Regions of the Philippines (with map)