SOCCSKARGEN is an administrative region located in south-central Mindanao. The name is an acronym of its four provinces – South Cotabato, Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat, Sarangani, and General Santos.
Best Time to Visit
For the best combination of agreeable temperatures of around 27° C (80° F) and as little rain as possible, the best time to visit this region is between February and March. The first months of dry season can still be rainy, while the last months are usually pretty hot and humid.
Area: 22,337.30 km² (8,624 mi²)
Regional Center: Koronadal
REGION 12 – SOCCSKSARGEN
|PROVINCE||LAND AREA KM2||POPULATION|
Cities: (4) General Santos; Kidapawan; Koronadal; Tacurong
- Crops (Palay, corn, banana, coconut, durian)
- Energy related
- Forest Products
The best way to get to SOCCSKARGEN region depends on where you’re traveling from and your budget.
The fastest and most convenient method of travel a far distance in the Philippines is most often by plane, however in some cases, traveling by sea or land may be a better option and more cost-effective.
Use the following online service to determine the various transportation options available to you based on your point of departure.
The following are the modes of transportation available in SOCCSKSARGEN region.
Use the chart below to get an idea of how much to budget daily. Actual amounts will depend on YOUR travel style. Keep in mind these are daily averages … some days you’ll spend more, some days you’ll spend less. Prices are in USD.
SEE & DO
EAT & DRINK
- Baye-baye (Cotabato)
- Belmar’s Buko Halo-Halo (Sarangani)
- Bibingkang kanin (Sultan Kudarat)
- Buko salvaro (Sarangani)
- Chicken ala Bukid (Sarangani)
- Coco piaya (Sultan Kudarat)
- Forest wine (South Cotabato)
- Fresh Tuna and other Tuna Products (Sarangani)
- Humba (Sarangani)
- Lanzones (Cotabato)
- Llolot Anok (South Cotabato)
- Lumpiang ubod (Sarangani)
- Mangosteen (Cotabato)
- Native chicken barbecue (Cotabato)
- Native chicken bulalo, bbq and lechon manok (Sultan Kudarat)
- Native chicken cooked in bamboo (South Cotabato)
- Native coffee (South Cotabato)
- Pastil (Cotabato)
- Rambutan (Cotabato)
- Sikwate & puto maya (Sarangani)
- Sinanglay (South Cotabato)
- Tilapia cooked in various ways (South Cotabato)
- Tinagtag (Cotabato)
- T’boli meal (South Cotabato)
WHERE TO STAY
Where to Stay in SOCCSKSARGEN
Use the following online resources to determine the best place for YOU to stay when visiting the SOCCSKSARGEN region.
Book Online & Save Money
Book your room with these trusted online booking sites. Booking online in the Philippines almost always guarantees the best price and a room when you arrive. We use these sites frequently to get the best prices and enjoy convenient bookings. Click each of the buttons below to find the best place for you at the lowest rates.
EVENTS & FESTIVALS
- Apo Sandawa Climb Festival
- Binuyugan & Bangsi Festival
- Buyogan Festival
- Helobung Festival
- Hinugyaw Festival
- Kalilangan Festival
- Kalimudan Festival
- Kalivungan Festival
- Lemlunay Festival
- Lubi-lubi Festival
- Mahin Festival
- MunaTo Festival
- Sarangani Bay Festival
- Seslong Festival
- T’nalak Festival
- Tacurong Bird Festival
- Talakudong Festival
- Tandaya Festival of Festivals / Samar Day Celebration
- Timpupo Festival
- Timpuyog Festival
- Tuna Festival
READ MORE: 17 Regions of the Philippines (with map)