ABOUT MAP FAST FACTS NEED TO KNOW GALLERY NEARBY
Daily Ferry services bridge Catanduanes, from the Port of Virac and Port of San Andres, to the main island of Luzon, via Tabaco Seaport in Tabaco City, Albay. Several ferry companies offer trips at different hours of the day between the two ports, which normally takes about three and a half hours.
Coordinates: 13°34’55.2″N 124°14’01.9″E
NEED TO KNOW
Virac seaport serves as inter-island passenger, cargo and vehicle transportation port (RoRo).
It serves the Virac town and its surrounding area. It is located in the town with just 500 meters distance from the town center or approximately 2 minutes with light traffic.
A variety of different kinds of ships are available for passenger journeys ranging from pump boats & fastcrafts for short journeys to ferries & ships for longer journeys.
The following is what you need to know when using a seaport and/or ferry in the Philippines.
- Tickets for long journeys are usually booked ahead of time while tickets for short journeys can be purchased at the port right before the departure. Space is limited and is on a First-Come-First-Served basis.
- It is required for passengers to present their valid ID upon check-in. No ID to present, no check-in.
- Tickets are usually non-transferable. Presented valid ID should match the passenger’s name as encoded on the ticket.
- At least 30 minutes before departure time is required for passengers to check-in.
- To check-in, pre-printed tickets or tickets bought at the port must be presented together with the check-in slips.
- Passengers may be required to pay in cash local taxes such as terminal fee and environmental fee.
- All passengers must go through security inspection before proceeding to the pre-departure area.
- Each passenger is allowed to bring one (1) hand-carried baggage upon check-in.
- Bringing of pets is allowed if the pets are securely put inside a cage. Upon check-in, a permit from the Bureau of Quarantine must be presented for passengers with pets. This includes fighting roosters.
- The boats, especially for short journeys, have the tendency not to leave on time and may be late or earlier than scheduled depending on the passenger situation (e.g. boat gets filled immediately).
- Porters, hustlers, and tourist guides are normally seen around passenger ports especially targeting tourists to offer their services.
- Boat trips may be cancelled or rescheduled based on weather conditions and happens often. Make sure your itinerary is flexible enough to accommodate possible delays and changes.
- To protect our oceans, please DO NOT throw garbage into the sea. Dispose of trash in a receptacle provided onboard the vessel.
The following are some photos of Virac seaport.
The following is a video of Virac seaport.
- Camarines Sur Province
- Plaza Rizal
- Monte Carlo Waterfront Inn and Resort
- Maribina Waterfalls
- Mount Lantad
- Hicming Falls
- Luyang Cave Park
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Download Our FREE Travel Guides
We have dozens of guides to destinations throughout the Philippines. Download your FREE copy for your next trip today.
Leave a Comment