Welcome to the Philippines… or Mabuhay as they say in the Philippines.
The Philippines is an archipelago located in Southeast Asia in the western Pacific Ocean. This archipelago is a country and officially known as the Republic of the Philippines. It consists of over 7,600 islands with a total land area of approximately 300.000 km2 (116,000 mi2). The Philippines Is divided into three major island groups: Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. These island groups are further divided into 17 regions which are then divided into 81 provinces.
The capital of the Philippines is Manila, and one of the most populous cities in both the Philippines and the world.
Given its location so close to the equator makes the country prone to earthquakes and typhoons, but also endows it with abundant natural resources and some of the world’s greatest biodiversity.
This website provides a wealth of information about the Philippines as well as traveling to and around the Philippine islands.
The following is an overview of some of the material this website has to offer that may be of interest to you.
It is broken into sections about a topic with a list of links to detailed articles on this website about each topic.
We hope you find our information helpful to your travels.
Happy & safe travels
- Maps of the Philippines
- The Philippines: Introduction to an Island Nation
- Organization of the Philippine Islands
- History of the Philippines
- Climate & Weather of the Philippines
- Everything You Need to Know about Money in the Philippines
- Communications: Internet & Phone (VPN)
- Practical Information about the Philippines
- Facts About the Philippines
CULTURE & HISTORY
- The Philippines: A Brief History
- Words You Should Know When Visiting the Philippines
- Languages & Nonverbal Language in the Philippines
- Bahala Na: Filipino Spirit
- Filipino Time
- Guide to Cultural Etiquette in the Philippines
- Do’s & Don’ts When Visiting the Philippines
- Filipino Pride
- Recommended Itineraries
- By Air
- By Land
- By Sea
SEE & DO
- Top 25 Destinations in the Philippines
- Most Popular Activities in the Philippines
- Top 10 Things to See & Do in Manila
FOOD & DRINK
- Flavorful Filipino Food
- Top 10 Most Common Filipino Foods
- Breakfast Foods
- Main Dishes
- Bread & Pastries
- 10 Popular Street Foods in the Philippines
- Tropical Fruits
- Rice: The Filipino Staple
- Native Ingredients
- Regional Foods
- Seasonal Foods
- Fiesta Foods
- Comfort Foods
- Exotic Foods
- Filipino Eating Methods & Dining Etiquette
- Snacks (Merienda & Pulutan)
- Popular Fast Food Franchises in the Philippines
- Awesome Filipino Recipes
WHERE TO STAY
- Festivals & Fiestas
- Popular Entertainment in the Philippines
- Popular Sports & Games in the Philippines
- Nightlife in the Philippines
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Staying Safe While Traveling in the Philippines
- 6 Common Accidents to Avoid While Traveling
- Avoiding Scams & Thieves in the Philippines
- Staying Healthy while Traveling in the Philippines
- How to Beat the Heat
- Sun Safety Tips
- Ocean & Beach Safety Tips
Download Our FREE Travel Guides
We have dozens of guides to destinations throughout the Philippines. Download your FREE copy for your next trip today.