Located in the southern part of Luzon Island is Bicol Region, also known simply as Bicol. It comprises of six provinces; four of which are within the Bicol Peninsula mainland while two are offshore.
Best Time to Visit
For the best combination of agreeable temperatures of around 27° C (80° F) and as little rain as possible, the best time to visit this region is between February and March. The first months of dry season can still be rainy, while the last months are usually pretty hot and humid.
Area: 18,155.82 km² (7,010 mi²)
Regional Center: Legazpi
REGION 5 – Bicol Region
|PROVINCE||LAND AREA KM2||POPULATION|
Cities: (7) Iriga; Legazpi; Ligao; Masbate; Naga; Sorsogon; Tabaco
- Crops (Palay, Corn, Banana, Jackfruit, Coconut, Pineapple)
- Food Processing
- Aqua Culture
- Minerals (Gold, Silver, Chromite)
The best way to get to Bicol Region depends on where you’re traveling from and your budget.
The fastest and most convenient method of travel a far distance in the Philippines is most often by plane, however in some cases, traveling by sea or land may be a better option and more cost-effective.
Use the following online service to determine the various transportation options available to you based on your point of departure.
The following are the modes of transportation available in this region.
Use the chart below to get an idea of how much to budget daily. Actual amounts will depend on YOUR travel style. Keep in mind these are daily averages … some days you’ll spend more, some days you’ll spend less. Prices are in USD.
SEE & DO
- CWC Wakeboarding
- Calaguas Islands
- Camalig Kulinarya
- Mt. Mayon ATV Adventure
- Peñafrancia Basilica
- Puraran Surfing
- Shrine of the Black Nazarene
EAT & DRINK
- Baluko (Sorsogon)
- Bicol Express (Albay, Camarines Norte, Catanduanes)
- Binut-ong (Sorsogon)
- Carmelado (Masbate)
- Catanduanes Cacao (Catanduanes)
- Catandungan latik (Catanduanes)
- Flavored fresh cow’s milk (Masbate)
- Fresh seafood (Catanduanes)
- Guinobatan Longganiza (Albay)
- Kinalas (Camarines Sur)
- Laing (Albay,Camarines Norte, Catanduanes)
- Lobsters (Catanduanes)
- Masbate beef (Masbate)
- Molido (Masbate)
- Mudcrabs (Catanduanes)
- Pili nut delicacies (Albay, Catanduanes)
- Pineapple products (Camarines Norte)
- Putong bagas (Camarines Sur)
- Santan (Sorsogon)
- Sikad-sikad and dalu-dalo (Sorsogon)
- Sili ice cream & Sili Shake (Albay)
- Sinantol (Camarines Sur)
- Suman (Sorsogon)
- Tilmok (Catanduanes)
- Timitim (Sorsogon)
- Toasted siopao (Camarines Sur)
- Kinagang (Sorsogon)
- Pinangat from Camalig (Albay)
WHERE TO STAY
Where to Stay in Bicol Region
Use the following online resources to determine the best place for YOU to stay when visiting the Bicol region.
Book Online & Save Money
Book your room with these trusted online booking sites. Booking online in the Philippines almost always guarantees the best price and a room when you arrive. We use these sites frequently to get the best prices and enjoy convenient bookings. Click each of the buttons below to find the best place for you at the lowest rates.
EVENTS & FESTIVALS
- Magayon Festival
READ MORE: 17 Regions of the Philippines (with map)