Designated in the southeastern portion of Mindanao, Davao region is comprised of five provinces, one highly urbanized cities, and five component cities.
Best Time to Visit
For the best combination of agreeable temperatures of around 27° C (80° F) and as little rain as possible, the best time to visit this region is between February and March. The first months of dry season can still be rainy, while the last months are usually pretty hot and humid.
Area: 20,357 km² (7,859 mi²)
Regional Center: Davao City
REGION 11 – Davao Region
|PROVINCE||LAND AREA KM2||POPULATION|
|Davao del Norte||3,426.97||1,016,332|
|Davao del Sur||4,607.59||2,265,579|
Cities: (6) Davao City; Digos City; Mati; Panabo; Samal; Tagum
- Crops (Palay, corn, sugarcane, banana, coconut, durian, pineapple)
- Aqua Culture
- Food Processing
- Forest Products
- Minerals (Gold, Copper, Silver, Chromite)
The best way to get to Davao Region depends on where you’re traveling from and your budget.
The fastest and most convenient method of travel a far distance in the Philippines is most often by plane, however in some cases, traveling by sea or land may be a better option and more cost-effective.
Use the following online service to determine the various transportation options available to you based on your point of departure.
The following are the modes of transportation available in this region.
Use the chart below to get an idea of how much to budget daily. Actual amounts will depend on YOUR travel style. Keep in mind these are daily averages … some days you’ll spend more, some days you’ll spend less. Prices are in USD.
SEE & DO
- Aguacan Cold Spring
- Aliwagwag Falls
- Awao Falls
- Balakayo Falls
- Bonsai Forest
- Davao Crocodile Park
- Davao Museum of History and Ethnography
- Hagimit Falls
- Indalugong Falls
- Mount Apo
- Mount Hamiguitan Range Wildlife Sanctuary
- People’s Park
- Philippine Eagle Center
- Tagum Night Market
EAT & DRINK
- Buttered bagaybay (Davao Oriental)
- Crocodile Egg Ice Cream (Davao del Sur)
- Crocodile burger (Davao del Sur)
- Durian (Davao del Norte)
- Durian Cheesecake (Davao del Sur)
- Durian Coffee (Davao del Sur)
- Durian ice cream (Davao del Norte)
- Durian pie (Davao del Norte)
- Durian shake (Davao del Norte)
- Fresh durian (Davao del Sur)
- Fresh pomelo (Davao del Sur)
- Fruit-based products (Davao Occidental)
- Fruits (Davao Occidental)
- Grilled tuna (Davao Oriental)
- Kinilaw na tuna (Davao del Norte)
- Lumpia made from ubod (Davao Oriental)
- Lyurot (Davao de Oro)
- Malagos Chocolate (Davao del Sur)
- Marang (Davao del Norte)
- Mati empanada (Davao Oriental)
- Mati’s Brew coffee (Davao Oriental)
- Nilamburan nga suman (Davao de Oro)
- Sinuglaw (Davao del Norte & Davao Oriental)
WHERE TO STAY
Where to Stay in Davao Region
Book Online & Save Money
Book your room with these trusted online booking sites. Booking online in the Philippines almost always guarantees the best price and a room when you arrive. We use these sites frequently to get the best prices and enjoy convenient bookings. Click each of the buttons below to find the best place for you at the lowest rates.
EVENTS & FESTIVALS
- Kadayawan Festival
READ MORE: 17 Regions of the Philippines (with map)