San Andres Port is one of the two ports servicing the province of Catanduanes. It is located less than one kilometer from the town center of San Andres and caters to passenger and Roro vessels.
Regina Shipping Lines
NEED TO KNOW
San Andres seaport serves as inter-island passenger and vehicle transportation port (RoRo).
It serves the San Andres town and its surrounding area. It is located in the town with just 650 meters distance from the town center or approximately 3 minutes with light traffic.
A variety of different kinds of ships are available for passenger journeys ranging from pump boats & fastcrafts for short journeys to ferries & ships for longer journeys.
The following is what you need to know when using a seaport and/or ferry in the Philippines.
- Tickets for long journeys are usually booked ahead of time while tickets for short journeys can be purchased at the port right before the departure. Space is limited and is on a First-Come-First-Served basis.
- It is required for passengers to present their valid ID upon check-in. No ID to present, no check-in.
- Tickets are usually non-transferable. Presented valid ID should match the passenger’s name as encoded on the ticket.
- At least 30 minutes before departure time is required for passengers to check-in.
- To check-in, pre-printed tickets or tickets bought at the port must be presented together with the check-in slips.
- Passengers may be required to pay in cash local taxes such as terminal fee and environmental fee.
- All passengers must go through security inspection before proceeding to the pre-departure area.
- Each passenger is allowed to bring one (1) hand-carried baggage upon check-in.
- Bringing of pets is allowed if the pets are securely put inside a cage. Upon check-in, a permit from the Bureau of Quarantine must be presented for passengers with pets. This includes fighting cocks.
- The boats, especially for short journeys, have the tendency not to leave on time and may be late or earlier than scheduled depending on the passenger situation (e.g. boat gets filled immediately).
- Porters, hustlers, and tourist guides are normally seen around passenger ports especially targeting tourists to offer their services.
- Boat trips may be cancelled or rescheduled based on weather conditions and happens often. Make sure your itinerary is flexible enough to accommodate possible delays and changes.
- To protect our oceans, please DO NOT throw garbage into the sea. Dispose of trash in a receptacle provided onboard the vessel.
The following are some photos of San Andres seaport.
The following is a video of the surrounding area for San Andres seaport.
- Camarines Sur Province
- Luyang Cave Park
- Mount Cagmasuso
- Hicming Falls
- Amenia Beach
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Download Our FREE Travel Guides
We have dozens of guides to destinations throughout the Philippines. Download your FREE copy for your next trip today.